Written August 2019. To be reviewed August 2020 and then every three years.
We collect personal contact information and data from website users in the event that they:
• register for our regular newsletters to be informed about the early learning sector in New Zealand, including current early learning research and publications, upcoming events and Tiny Nation news.
• Register their interest to be a Tiny Nation educator or family.
The information we collect
• Personally Identifiable Information: this is provided by you (or someone authorised by you or your organisation) when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
• Aggregated Data: this information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our sites. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
Who we share this information with
• The information may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
• The aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties, such as preferred suppliers.
• Your personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law.
• We only share your information with third parties if we have received your permission (usually at the time of collection).
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our site. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
• To process any transactions that you might make on our site.
• To help provide any other services that you have requested.
• To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
• For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we
• For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
• Track traffic patterns to our site
• Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown
• Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act of 1993 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. You can now manage your email preferences by logging into your dashboard. Or to find out more about how to do this, please email us at the ECNZ. Alternatively, mail your corrections for the attention of the Membership Advisor at the ECNZ, PO Box 12 725, Thorndon, Wellington 6144.
Changes to this Privacy Statement